Sunday, December 21, 2014
♪ ♫ Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on lets go and play….♪ ♫ Or, do you wanna build a snowman French Macaron? It’s just as fun to do….Okay, I think I’ve got to stop all these singing before I scare you away. Hahaha….but these adorable Snowman Macarons really put me in good mood and great Christmas spirit. My Kids enjoyed so much in decorating the Snowman Macarons. They also shared some with their school teachers and friends.
There were so much more I wanted to share and post here but there’s so little time. I’m glad that at least this post gets published before Christmas so if you’re interested to make some, you’ll have the step-by-step pictorial below to follow. I’m sure these Snowman Macarons will put a smile on anyone’s face this holiday season.
Here goes my Snowman line ups (see picture below). I sprinkle some coconut shreds on the plate to imitate the snow and a few snowflakes sprinkle around. These snowflakes sprinkles are so pretty to look at and they made the best edible decorations for a winter wonderland scene!
I baked some vanilla macarons in snowman’s shape; they are pretty much 2 circles, with a smaller one on top and a slightly bigger one on the bottom. Then filled them with vanilla bean Swiss Meringue buttercream. They are yummy and decadent as is. Now that the shells are filled, they are ready to be dressed up!
Ready to check out how I decorated these cutie snowmen? Follow me to the kitchen.
For easy preparation, I used some sparkling gel from the store. You can make your own royal icing as well. But since I’m in the time crunch for the holiday baking marathons, I took a short cut.
1) To decorate, simply give your snowman the nice and cozy hat by making a half circle icing on the top part of it’s head.
2) Sprinkle with sparking sugar if you like. (such as this one here)
3) Place a snowflake sprinkle on top. I adore these sprinkles! They are so pretty and make decoration so easy. Click here for more information.
4) With edible pens, draw the eyes, mouth, scarf and arms. I used a little orange icing to create the carrot nose. I used a set from Wilton and the color is amazing and so bright! (click here for more information)
5) Add 3 dots of icing in the middle of the snowman’s tummy, vertically and “glue” on a few sprinkles for the buttons. You can use these Pearl Sugar Sprinkles as the buttons. (Click here for more information)
It’s simple as that! The most adorable edible snowman was created. You can use your imagination and decorate however you like. My Kids sure went to town by using different color sprinkles for the hat and buttons, funny eyes shapes, and some with a wink, too! I hope you enjoy today’s post, pictorial, and give these a try. Wish you and your family a warm and blessed Christmas! Stay tuned for more fun recipes and pictorials in the near future.
Tools and material used in this post:
Wilton Snowflakes Sprinkles (Click here for more information)
Wilton Blue Sprinkle Sugar (Click here for more information)
Wilton Candy Writing Pens (Click here for more information)
Pearl Sugar Sprinkles (Click here for more information)